Don’t put off your eye care or it may cost more than you bargained for.
None of us has had the start to 2021 we had wished for and many of us missed seeing friends and family over Christmas. The pandemic has changed all our lives and outdoor activity has been significantly limited. This has been a real problem with many people missing eye examinations during the lockdown. This could mean that some serious eye conditions including glaucoma and age-related macular generation may not be being diagnosed. A 3D advanced optometry eye examination by a qualified optometrist can detect a huge range of conditions, including:
- wet and dry age-related macular degeneration;
- retinal detachment;
- amblyopia, or “lazy eye”;
- corneal thinning, for example, keratoconus;
- optic neuritis;
- eyelid skin cancers;
- ocular tumours;
- dry eye;
- macular hole.
Not just a sight test
There is more to a 3D advanced optometry eye examination than assessing vision. In fact, the process enables our optometrists to monitor your whole body and detect systemic conditions that would not seem, to most people, to have any connection with the eyes.
Examples of these systemic conditions include:
- raised blood pressure;
- raised cholesterol;
- cardiovascular disease;
- brain tumours;
- pituitary tumour;
- cranial nerve palsies;
- cerebrovascular accidents;
- brain aneurysms;
- temporal arteritis;
- thyroid problems;
- multiple sclerosis.
We’re here for you
It’s a common misconception that opticians are closed. This is not the case, we are here for all your eye care needs. Opticians are classed as essential healthcare, providing the following services:
- Emergency or urgent Eye Care, by telephone or video call with an optometrist or face to face if necessary.
- Emergency Eye Care for an eye condition which needs regular monitoring.
- Eye examinations if you feel your vision has changed or you are in need of new spectacles we are able to see you in person.
- Contact lens fittings, trials, aftercare and supply.
- Spectacle, supply, repair and adjustment.
- Hearing care appointments and hearing aid repair.
- We recommend booking by phone to avoid coming into the practice to book.
So don’t put off your eye examination, call Meltham on 01484 907090 or Greenfield 01457 353100 We can offer remote services or a shielding appointment. We will do whatever we can to help during these difficult times.