Services - Top to toe care
Allegro Optical Eye Examinations
Have you ever wondered what we do when we examine your eyes? Well, there’s everything you’d expect from a thorough eye examination plus, a little bit more.
When you book an Allegro Optical Eye Examination, you can look forward to award-winning service that’s a little bit special. Our stores are equipped with the very latest technology, so you’ll enjoy the most thorough test available. We never rush our clients and we always take time to listen. We want to fully understand your needs and understand your lifestyle. We pride ourselves on offering a personal service and we treat everyone as an individual.
What do we look for?
Our optometrists will check the health of your eyes. They look for;
- Any signs of cataracts, glaucoma and other eye conditions – with our advanced 3D OCT eye scanner we can detect some eye conditions up to 4 years earlier than conventional methods.
- Other health issues, such as diabetes, high blood pressure and vascular disease.
- Your vision – Our optometrists will advise if you need to update your optical prescription
How long does an eye test take?
Our eye examinations normally last around 45 minutes. If you have questions during the examination please feel free to ask our team.
What kind of eye examination can I have at Allegro Optical?
At Allegro Optical, we offer three types of private eye examination:
- NHS Sight Test – If you’re not eligible for NHS-funded sight tests or optical vouchers, you’ll have to cover the costs yourself.
- The Allegro Optical OCT Eye Examination – As well as Retinal Photography, this includes a 3D OCT eye scan so we can detect serious eye conditions up to four years earlier than a normal test
- The Allegro Optical Overlay Assessment – An assessment using coloured overlays will then be carried out (for children, this may have already been carried out in school). You or your child will trial the overlays for a few weeks and if improvements are noted, then you can return for the full Colorimetry assessment.
- The Allegro Optical Advanced Optometry Eye Examination – This examination enables you to take the very best care of your eyes because we can use all the latest state of the art equipment, scans and tests so we can devise a full treatment plan for you.
- The Allegro Optical Performers Eye Examination – This examination is a bespoke service and is available in either one of our clinics. This examination includes specific tests for musicians covering all areas of visual performance. To find out more at Musicians Services
- The Allegro Optical Colorimetry Assessment – If the overlays have been beneficial, the next stage is for a Colorimetry Assessment, which may result in the prescribing of spectacles with coloured lenses. The colour of the lenses will be more specific to the individual’s needs and will allow you or your child to also see the benefit when using a computer screen or boards, as well as for reading.
Some people are entitled to a sight test for free through the NHS. We’re delighted to offer free NHS sight tests to:
- Children under 16
- Teenagers under 19, in full-time education
- Anyone over 60
- Anyone with a history of certain health conditions
Please see the NHS website for the full list of everyone who may qualify for an NHS sight test.
We recommend adding Retinal Photography, OCT and Colorimetry services to your NHS sight test at a small additional cost.
The reason we are called “dispensing opticians” is because “dispensing” eye-wear is at the heart of what we do. You don’t have to get your eyes tested with us to buy glasses from us. Just bring your prescription with you.
A bespoke eyewear styling experience which will make you want to come back for more. We offer a no obligation eyewear styling consultation for those who want to feel confident and love their look. Here at Allegro Optical we know that every face and every person is individual. Our team of registered dispensing opticians and eyewear stylists will take detailed facial measurements and conduct a colour and styling questionnaire. Once they have got to know you a little better they will show a selection of possibilities to help you find your perfect pair.
Free hearing tests
Just to let you know, we’re delighted to offer anyone over 18 a free hearing assessment and a complete hearing health check too.
Ear Wax Removal
A Micro Suction Ear Wax Removal is the safest and most comfortable way to remove excess ear wax. All earwax removal is performed by a qualified Audiologist or community nurse and costs just £50.00 for both ears.