Advanced Optometry is an eye exam that takes a much closer look at your eyes. You will have access to advanced investigative techniques that aren’t available with an NHS sight test. Including OCT Scans, Retinal Imaging, Dry Eye Assessments, Visual Stress Assessments, Digital Keratometry, Colourimetry and much more.
Do you answer “yes” to any of these questions?
- Are you over 40?
- Are you a smoker?
- Do you get watery, gritty or stingy eyes?
- Do you struggle to see clearly in poor or low light
- Do your eyes feel sore after reading or watching TV for long periods ?
- Do you have a family history of glaucoma?
- Do you have a family history of macular degeneration?
- Do you have arthritis or other autoimmune conditions?
- Do you use medications that are known to have potential ocular effects?
- Do you want to take the best care of your eyes?
If you answer yes to two or more of the above questions, your eyes could benefit from the extra TLC that comes with our advanced optometry eye examinations.
Your Advanced Optometry Appointment
Advanced Optometry is for those who want to take the very best care of their eyes.
After carefully discussing your situation with you, your optometrists will conduct a highly detailed examination of your eyes, including the appropriate use of the latest techniques and technology, making sure to explain what is happening at every stage.
After considering the findings, your optometrist will then create and carefully explain a tailored eye health plan that details how you can best look after your eyes and recommend an appropriate programme of follow-up appointments.