Now is the time to rock those shades
The weather has been beautiful, and it’s going to keep getting better. We have been very lucky to have weather that is almost as warm as the Mediterranean. But many of our clients have told us that they’ve been having trouble with glare while driving during this hot spell, and we’ve received a lot of questions about how to protect our eyes in the sun.
As a result of recent weather conditions, ultraviolet (UV) light levels have skyrocketed, which has had a significant impact on motorists without proper eye protection. This can result in driving errors and eye fatigue. UV exposure also carries significant health risks. Mr Raja Das-Bhaumik, consultant oculoplastic surgeon at Moorfields Eye Hospital, said: “It’s extremely important to protect your eyes in the sun to reduce the risk of developing cataracts and a common type of skin cancer called basal cell carcinoma. You should buy sunglasses from a reputable retailer and check that they carry the CE mark to ensure that they will protect your eyes from harmful UV rays”.
As temperatures in the UK rise, the College of Optometrists is urging the public to protect their eyes when going outside.
To protect eye health and vision during the summer months, the college has issued the following recommendations:
- Make sure you and your children wear UV-protected sunglasses when spending time outside.
- Look for the British Standard (BS EN ISO 12312-1:2013) as well as the CE or UKCA certification mark.
- Hats are more than just a fashionable accessory; they also protect your eyes from the glare of the sun.
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat or a sun visor this summer to add an extra layer of protection and keep your eyes comfortable.
- Apply sun cream after inserting contact lenses to avoid eye irritation or contamination.
- Swimming goggles that are watertight are an excellent way to protect your eyes while swimming. They can protect your eyes from bacteria that cause infections in swimming pools. Before swimming, we recommend that you remove your contact lenses.
We have a large selection of sunglasses with up to 70% off selected models purchased during our spring-summer sale to encourage our customers to protect themselves. That means you could keep a pair in your car at all times for very little money, or you could have a special “designer” pair for festivals and special events.
Aspinal of London is one of several manufacturers to choose from.
Aspinal of London was founded in 2001 by British entrepreneur Iain Burton with the vision of creating a heritage brand using the best of British craftsmanship. Luxury materials, bold use of colour, and contemporary design, have all contributed to the Aspinal brand’s international recognition.
Aspinal wearers include: –
- Jennifer Lopez.
- Selena Gomez.
- Gigi Hadid.
- Helen Mirren.
- Michelle Dockery.
- Charithra Chandran.
- Tom Daley.
- HRH Princess of Wales. (Kate Middleton)
We are fortunate to have this brand in stock alongside other high-quality spectacle frame brands. All of this is available to you at a massive 50% off all sunglasses and in some cases up to 70% discount. Hurry before supplies run out and enjoy the weather without the stress of glare and ultraviolet light. Prescription lenses can be fitted in the Sunglasses at a reasonable cost.